Tuesday 5 May 2009

What went on when editing

The editing was probably the longest and the hardest part of the whole project. When we first started editing it was pretty straight forward because all me and Laura done was catch the footage on to the programme and save it.

Next we put all the scenes into an order however we changed some of the scenes around to what we had originally planned because we thought they went better together, then we added effects for the flashbacks we went through each one trying to find the best one I quite liked the ghost effect as it is used in many films when they are cutting to a flashback so I thought it would be easy for the audience to understand however we ended up using the cross dissolve I wasn’t too bothered as I also liked that one.

We spent a long time trying to find some music as we couldn’t find one that flowed well with our footage but finally we found one it was called Portishead and went well with the opening. After all this we was nearly finished, we just needed to add the titles but that’s when we noticed we had already gone over 2 minutes, so we spent most of the time taking some shots out n shortening others and then editing it to the music. After some time we had sorted it but it still meant we had to place the titles on top of some shots as we could not fade to black for every title because it would go over two minutes, again I weren’t too bothered about this because I wanted the titles to go over the footage anyway as I don’t like it when they are on their own as it makes me bored and I knew other people would feel the same way.

Finally we had finished we liked everything accept the voiceovers as they just seemed odd and was rather quiet but we did not have enough time to change them again as this was the second time we done it.

No comments: